WVGOP STATEMENT ON PASSAGE OF TRUMP TAX REFORM
American Families Get Early Christmas Present From President Trump
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - West Virginia Republican Party Chairman Conrad Lucas releases the following statement regarding the passage of The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act:
"President Trump and our conservative team in Washington have shown great strength and foresight today," said a Conrad Lucas, Chairman of the West Virginia Republican Party. "We knew great things would come with this administration and we continue to see that happen. Today is a historic positive for our country and we have Donald Trump to thank for that."
President Trump promised we would grow our economy and cut taxes.Today is another promise kept.
We thank a real leader in the White House, Senator Capito, and Reps. McKinley, Mooney, and Jenkins for standing with working West Virginia families. This early Christmas present will show bigger take-home numbers in the pay stubs for employees and growth for the businesses that hire.
Lower taxes, conservative Judges and cutting burdensome regulations are just the start of the Trump Triumph to Make America Great Again.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will do the following for America:
- Updates our tax code for the first time in 31 years
- Doubles the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 to $2,000
- Reduces tax rates for middle-income Americans
- Eliminates costly special interest tax loopholes and modernizes our tax system
- Nearly doubles the Standard Deduction
- A family of four making $73,000 will see its taxes drop by $2,000 in this plan
- Makes permanent a corporate tax rate of 21%
- Repeals Obamacare's Individual Mandate that is costly for many poor and middle-class families
- This plan creates jobs, increases paychecks, and makes the tax code more simple and fair
Paid for by the WV Republican Party,
PO Box 2711, Charleston, WV 25301
Not authorized by any candidate or their committee.Read more at