The West Virginia Republican Party has many goals, one of which is to elect the best possible conservative candidates to our local, state, and federal governments. Electing Republican candidates, however, is a means, not an end. Our ultimate goal is to return America to the nation that it was created to be. Winning the hearts and minds of our countrymen, sharing the timeless wisdom of Republican beliefs, and walking consistent with our talk will make the difference in restoring America.
Republicans gained a majority in the WV legislature in 2014. Voters are looking for results, consistent with their needs and values. Our Republican Legislature, with the executive leaders under Governor Jim Justice, delivered many good results in 2021:
- Passed the Save Girls Sports Act, which prohibits biological males from competing in sports against biological females.
- Expanded WV’s charter school program and created education savings accounts
- Made West Virginia a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary State – our government will not be enforcing unconstitutional anti-gun mandates from DC
- Streamlined certain licensing requirements to promote economic growth and increase opportunities
- Passed the Jumpstart Savings Program bill, allowing West Virginians to contribute tax free dollars to invest in the cost of pursuing a trade or occupation.
- Improved broadband statewide.
- Passed a fiscally conservative, balanced budget
- Led a COVID-19 response program that has been lauded throughout the nation.
- Passed legislation to improve oversight of Federal spending in the state.
When the Democrats were in control you needed to spend the 60 days of legislative session watching your wallet. In only 60 days our WV state government has made important strides in supporting conservative values and making life better for all West Virginians.